Thank you for your interest in a RudyKitten - please note we do not run a waiting list. Details of our kitten process is written below (apologies it's long!)
As of June 2021, we charge £1250 per kitten, we do not charge any more for 'popular colours' or for polydactyl kittens. Most reputable UK breeders charge between £900 & £1500 per kitten, however this can vary depending on the quality of the lines, the level of health testing & the area of the country.
Our prices are around the higher end of the scale as we focus on breeding from the healthiest cats we can. All good breeders are testing their breeding cats for HCM, SMA, PKDef & PKD via cheek swab or blood test (this costs around £80-100 per cat), but we now have the opportunity to check further for HCM via an Echocardiography (ECG). At present, only a handful of breeders are doing this, however we hope to see this increase in the future.
We also X-ray all of our breeding boys' hips, checking for early signs of Hip Dysplasia & patella luxation. Again, only a small handful of breeders are doing this currently, however we hope to see this increase.
We believe diet is incredibly important in all cats, but especially ones of this size. We feed our kittens a full, exclusively raw diet and we ask our owners to continue with this. Full guidance and support will be offered - we have our own brand of raw food available to purchase.
Our kittens are ready to leave around 13 weeks of age, and are:
· neutered/spayed (unless being placed on the active register)
· fully vaccinated
· will include copies of both parent's health tests
· vet health certificate
· four generation pedigree and TICA registration
· first flea & worm treatments
· a comprehensive kitten pack including a personalised baby book (with baby photos, weight, settling in guides etc), food, treats, litter, toys, promo codes/vouchers & lots of surprises!
You will also have a lifetime of support from us, and hopefully friendship.
As of 2021, our kitten placing system is as follows:
- We will announce pregnancies & births on our Facebook/Instagram page, and our website. Once the kittens are born (and safe, healthy and happy) we will post photos and videos to our pages. We will continue to post updated photos throughout the first few weeks of the kitten's lives.
- Once the kittens are around 8-9 weeks, we will update our website with the application form to apply for your kitten (or kittens) of choice. We will keep applications open for around 72 hours before the link is removed from the site. We will then spend a few days reading through applications before deciding on the right family for each kitten.
- Once we have been through all applications (around 3-5 days), we will contact those who have been successful. If successful, you will be given a week or so to 'option' the kitten, you will receive more photos, videos and we can chat as much information as possible. At the end of this week (or sooner, should you be ready), your deposit will be due, and we will go through contracts. After the deposit is paid, the kitten is yours! You will receive a 'shopping list' and access to our owners group, and the countdown is on!
- If you are not successful, you are of course welcome to apply again in future. Please do keep in contact with us.
We will do this for every litter, throughout the year. This gives everyone a fair chance, and (we think) is the best way of handling the high number of applications we receive.
Copyright © 2021 Rudycats Maine Coons Ltd - All Rights Reserved.